Tips On Using Your Credit The Right And Wrong Way
Having a credit card with the best interest rate is a very good thing to have as long as it is used in the correct way. Fastcreditcardapprovals.com the number one credit card comparison site, which helps people to find the right credit card no matter what their credit rating is, have put together some tips on how you should and should not use a credit card.
Five Things You Shouldn’t Do
- When applying for a credit card do your research first, do not just apply for the first credit card advert you see on the internet. Always use a credit card comparison site such as Fastcreditcardapprovals.com to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Don’t ignore the terms and conditions. Make sure you always read the terms and conditions before choosing a credit card. You need to check the fees and interest rates that are involved.
- Do not use your credit card to make everyday purchases; this can make your purchases more expensive. So when you are shopping for food and clothes, leave your credit card in your pocket and instead use cash or your debit card.
- The quickest way to get into debt with your credit card is by making the minimum payment each month. This increases the amount of interest. Try and pay your credit card off quickly to avoid added costs.
- It is very tempting when you have a credit card to think about buying things that you cannot afford. If you buy something that you know you will not be able to repay back, then do not buy it; this will cause you to go into serious debt.
Five Things You Should Do
1. When thinking about having your first credit card or an additional credit card, always make sure you use a credit card comparison site, which includes Fastcreditcardapprovals.com, to make sure you get the best credit card deal.
2. When you are going to buy an item on your credit card, always think about if you can afford that item and if you can afford to repay for that item on your credit card. By purchasing an item that you know you will not be able to make the repayments for, you will find yourself getting into debt.
3. Always use your credit card in a responsible manner, use it when you need to use it and not just because it is there and it is easier than going to the bank to get some money. Do not use it for a shopping spree that you know you cannot afford to pay back.
4. If you know you are going to have trouble making the minimum payment on your credit card, make sure you contact your credit card company at the earliest moment, do not bury your head in the sand and think it will go away.
5. Always go through your credit card statement, make sure you know what you have spent and know what credit you have left. It is easy to just put your credit card statement in your desk and forget about it and just make payments on your card, in this day and age you may find things on your statement that you have not bought. Always make sure that everything on your statement is a purchase that you have made.
A credit card if used in a responsible way is a great thing to have, and by following our tips above you will be able to keep on top of your credit card payments and use the credit card wisely.