Tips for using credit cards while travelling
1. Set a travel budget to plan ahead for unexpected expenses. Our online Budget Calculator will help you create a realistic budget for your trip.
2. If you plan to use your credit card while travelling, call the issuer and let them know where you will be and when. If you don’t, the issuer may freeze your card as a precaution against fraudulent use the first time you try to use it.
3. Carry the phone number of your credit card issuer separate from your credit card. That way you’ll be prepared to call immediately if your card is lost or stolen.
4. Keep receipts for all of your purchases.
5. Make photocopies of all of the important documents you carry in your wallet or purse.